COVID-19 Guidelines for 2021 Season
With the new season soon approaching, Dancers Inc. is aware of the uncertainty of scheduled events for the upcoming competition dance season. We understand that everyone wants to plan for the future and finalize schedules but with our reality constantly shifting it is proving to be very difficult. The health and safety of our DI Family is our number one priority. That is why we came together as a company and figured out how we can still host our events while following the proper protocols and guidelines.
Our goal for the 2021 season is to run every event on our Sweet Sixteen Take 2 tour.
Dancers Inc. will be planning all events in-person for the 2021 season. We will be limiting attendance and working with our venues to ensure a safe environment for our dancers, studio owners, audience members, and staff.
The following changes have been made to our events:
- Studio block style competition schedule (only one studio performing at a time)
- Studios arrive no more than 30 minutes prior to first performance time; please arrive performance ready—deductions can occur for late start time
- No elaborate hair or makeup changes
- Limited guest occupancy in accordance with local state guidelines and venues (studio directors will be notified of attendance limits prior to the event)
- As long as the state allows, masks are not required onstage during performances
- Live streaming of performances available
- Adjudication awards after each studio performance block
- Overall awards presented virtually on the Monday following the completion of competition
- Social distancing in dressing rooms and spectator areas
- Dressing Rooms for each studio with sanitization between use
- Holding areas/backstage marked with 6ft markers
- Temperature checks for all dancers, staff and guests. Must be less than 100.4 F
- Hand sanitizing stations present in dressing rooms, backstage and common areas
- Masks available for those who may forgotten their own
- Plexiglass shields at all vendor tables and lobby stations
- Temperature check stations at the entrance of every ballroom
- Masks mandatory for all dancers and guests who can safely wear them
- Common areas marked with 6ft markers to help reduce congestion
- Sanitization of stage in between studios
- Safety protocol signage throughout the lobby and dressing rooms
- Backstage access restricted to performers and single studio representative
- High risk individuals should not attend/participate
- No scoring deductions for no costumes and/or dancers wearing masks or gloves
- On-site sanitation company to spray down lobby, dressing rooms and common areas
- Outside food may not be permitted
Please note: These guidelines may change at any time so Dancers Inc. is in compliance with guidelines from venues and state standards. Be sure to check back to our website weekly for updates.